WHAT’S THE UPDATE?
Packaging certification is mandatory for
- Amazon SKUs bigger than 18″ x 14″ x 8″
- Amazon SKUs heavier than 20 lbs.
They need to be certified as ready-to-ship before August 1, 2019
Our Frustration-Free Packaging programs will help ease the transition
Risk or Reward
- Non-compliance results in a 1.99/unit chargeback penalty
- Early adopters will receive a $1.00/unit reward
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE?
Evaluate if your current packaging is already compliant
Update product info to ensure accuracy, avoid receiving exclusions
Direct fulfilment products need not align to new certifications
Hazmat products aren’t eligible for certifications
Upstart will help you make changes to meet stricter packaging requirements
KNOW YOUR CERTIFICATION TIERS
IT’S NOT AS SCARYAND RATHER EASY TO CERTIFY
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET CERTIFIED?
- Seal all open edges
- No staples except on manufacturer glue joint
- Lacking tabs to be sealed with glue/tape
- Tightly-fitted non-metal straps permitted to provide structural integrity for bigger products
- Strapping multiple products not allowed
Package printing, identification, and labelling
- Markings and label to clearly indicate contents and handling instructions
- Follow all guidelines outlined in the Vendor Shipment Prep and Transportation manual